Sale & leaseback of the property they occupy offers property-owning companies a means to improve their capabilities to finance new businesses and new investments, or simply to improve their balance sheet. Sale & leaseback involves selling off one’s property portfolio while remaining its occupier through a commercial lease.
CBRE teams supports companies at every stage of the sale & leaseback process for single properties or portfolios, anywhere in France and internationally. With specialists in offices, retail, logistics and light industrial premises, hotels and healthcare assets, CBRE services include:
- Recommendation: which value and which strategy to use?
- Real estate asset analysis and market positioning
- Valuations, cash flows, price positioning (lease and sale), rate of return analysis of scenarios
- Sale strategy and timetable; initial targeting of potential investors, especially when dealing with occupier specific assets and complex portfolios
- Process organisation
- Marketing, creation of prospectuses, information memorandum, dedicated websites
Assessment of building work costs (capex) if required, selection of documents for inclusion in the data room (regulatory audits, surveyor's report etc.)
- Lease terms and conditions
- Assistance in the analysis of financial and accounting impacts: tax effect of disposal and IFRS impact (recording of leasing contracts), financial audits for resale of financial leases and companies
- Investor targeting
- Analysis of offers received and assistance with negotiations of terms and conditions until closing
Coordination with lawyers and auditors, if required; management of data room questions/answers, reporting on execution
Thanks to CBRE's privileged access to the market and its players, plus the responsiveness and engagement of its consultants, companies know they can expect optimised, expertly handled transactions throughout France, Europe and the rest of the world.