The second report in the acclaimed Check In series of though-leading publications; focused on fixed-income hotel real estate investment.
Some of the key findings in this report are:
- 31% of total new room supply coming to the market is expected to have a long-lease structure in place
- Pricing remains attractive – risk premium in excess of 300bps for prime regional assets
- Income strips increase in popularity but their sustainability is debatable
- Funds are increasingly considering the underlying real estate but covenant remains important
- Investors express greater appetite in Europe as influential players launch funds on the continent
- Hotel capital value growth surpasses other asset classes post-2013 in the long income space