In the 12 months to Q4 2019, the European hotel investment volume increased by 13.9% compared to a 1.9% fall in the all sectors investment volume. Hotel investment accounted for 8.8% of all capital deployed in European real estate over the period.
Some of the key highlights include:
- A strong final quarter drives European hotel investment to 13.9% growth in 2019;
- The UK remained the largest European hotel investment market despite a decline in the deal volume;
- Germany had a strong end to the year with €2.4bn of stock transacting in Q4;
- 21 deals closed in Italy in Q4, ending a particularly buoyant 2019;
- Deal activity surged in the BeNeLux in the second half of the year, with €840m of stock transacting in Q4.